Youth Behavioral Health Services
Together, Volunteers of America and schools can help our children succeed.
Volunteers of America North Louisiana offers behavioral health services for youth experiencing significant emotional and/or behavioral problems.
What Services Are Provided?
- Assessment and individual service planning
- Individual, group and family therapy, including parent skill training
- Crisis services
- Consultation with teacher and staff
- Referral and linkage with other services, when appropriate
Who Will Be Served?
Any youth age 5 to 17 who receives Medicaid and who meets the criteria for outpatient. There is no charge to the family.
Who Provides The Services?
1. Qualified Mental Health Professionals, including Master level staff with degrees in Social, Psychology, Family Counseling, or related fields.
2. Linkage to a Child Psychiatrist is available when appropriate.
What Are The Primary Goals?
- Promote academic success
- Improve attendance
- Crisis support
- Increase coping skills
- Improve pro-social behavior
- Enable individuals to develop health relationships
- Resolution of emotional conflicts
Contact YBHS Program Director, Lauren Findley, LPC, at 318-221-8404, ext. 231 or Lauren.Findley@voanorthla.org.