How To Volunteer
Volunteers of America North Louisiana is a unique ministry of service that allows people the chance to serve God by serving others. Each year we have nearly 1,200 volunteers that provide well over 5,000 hours of volunteer service. We could not do our work without the help of the community.
Opportunities for volunteers range from hosting a collection drive to tutoring a student to teaching a class to veterans. Below is a list of recurring needs, but we also welcome any ideas you have to benefit the lives of those we serve. If you would like to join our ministry of service, follow these steps:
1. Consider where you would like to volunteer. Look through the list below or create your own project. If you’re still not sure or you have questions, please ask!
2. If you are volunteering to be a mentor, please see the Mentor page for the details and process.
4. Review the Volunteer Policy Manual.
5. Complete the Consent to Background Check form. Return this form and the $20 background check fee (check or money order preferred) to the Main Office, 360 Jordan St., Shreveport, La. 71101. Minors do not need to complete a background check form. If you are a student above the age of 18 or a Communities In Schools volunteer, then the fee is $10.
6. Once the background check is completed, you will be contacted by Haylee Crawford, Community Engagement Coordinator, to schedule a time to meet with the Program Coordinator.
7. Volunteers will be contacted within the first month and six months for their feedback on the placement. Volunteers may also be asked to complete a survey once a year.
Thank you for whatever service you can give.
Visit North Louisiana Volunteer Opportunities. Unless otherwise noted, for more information contact Haylee Crawford, Community Engagement Coordinator, at 221-2669 or Haylee.Crawford@voanorthla.org.