Volunteers of America of North Louisiana is one of the largest providers of supportive housing for the homeless in Northwest Louisiana. We have group homes for people with mental illness and developmental disabilities, which are staffed 24 hours a day. We also offer the only transitional living program for young women in the area. Residents have their own space while having access to support to help cope with whatever obstacles they face.
If you or someone you know are in need of housing, start with HOPE Connections, the local point of access for all services located at 2340 Levy St., Shreveport.
Phone: (318) 429-7500
- Housing Opportunity for Permanent Solutions (HOPS) I and II: Provides housing and permanent housing with support services for chronically mentally ill adults.
- McAdoo: Supported living program that provides a safe, decent environment for homeless adults with disabilities. Emphasis is on medication management, daily living skills and 24-hour support staff.
- GAPS I & II: Provides permanent housing with support services for homeless chronically mentally ill adults.
- Independence Meadows: (Minden) Provides housing along with case management that supports the seriously mentally ill to move from homelessness to permanent housing.
Contact: Paula Williams
Phone: (318) 221-8404
The following lodges provide apartments for those with physical and intellectual disabilities. Clients have their own apartments with staff on site.
- Greenwood Lodge (West Shreveport)
- Corbitt Lodge (Shreveport)
- Independence Lodge (Bossier City)