Sadly, things get tough for many of the families we serve. And it is the children who suffer the most – like children in our LightHouse program whose mother struggles to pay all the bills on her minimum wage job, children in our Communities In Schools program whose family take turns attending school because they all share the same pair of shoes or the children of one of our veterans, who’s trying to get his life back together.
Without your gifts, these children would probably have received almost nothing for Christmas, simply because after the bills were paid, there was nothing left for anything so frivolous as Christmas presents. That’s the situation with so many of the families we serve, leaving children disappointed and parents feeling like failures.
With your generosity, you can provide hope for the holidays!
We invite you to sponsor one of our neediest families, providing Christmas gifts for the children.
Here’s How It Works:
- Contact us and Volunteers of America will provide you a family’s wish list
- Purchase gifts for children (we suggest $50 limit per child)
- Mark the gifts with the child’s name and family code
- Bring UNWRAPPED gifts between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Dec. 14 & 15 at First United Methodist Church Shreveport.
- Fill out the in-kind donation form, and bring it with you when you drop off the gifts. We’ll send you a receipt in the mail.
- If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to call!
Contact Haylee Crawford at Haylee.Crawford@voanorthla.org or 318.221.2669 for more information about our families or to become a sponsor TODAY! Your gifts will bring JOY this holiday season.