Want to make a difference? Right here in Louisiana? Right now?
Your gifts of dollars and time will help thousands of our neighbors in need, including at-risk youth, families in crisis, veterans, people with developmental disabilities or mental illness.
Volunteers of America is one of the oldest and largest human service charities in Louisiana, and also one of the most effective. We pledge to honor your requests and be good stewards of your resources.
We offer many opportunities to give, to serve, to partner with us. For any further questions about donations, e-mail Lisa Brandeburg, Vice President of Development and Communications.
- Secure online donations
- Memorials and Honorariums - give a gift in someone’s name with our online form
- Cherish the Children Society - Our special giving society is made up of people who pledge $1,000 a year or more for five years. These unrestricted, long-term pledges are critical to our success as they help us plan for our programs in advance. You can make your payments monthly, annually, or however works best for you.
- Evergreen Society – Our highest giving level. These generous donors make have extended their Cherish the Children pledge indefinitely.
- Planned Giving - You can leave a permanent, significant legacy to Volunteers of America through estate planning. Follow the link to learn more.
- Donate by phone – Call Debbie Swinford or Jennifer Lawrence to discuss a gift or pledge: (318) 221-2669
Your used vehicle can help us serve others — whether it runs or not! Follow the link to learn more or call (888) 747-6749 for details.
Donate food or supplies
Individuals or groups can make a difference whether they donate one item or host a collection drive.
- HOPE Basket – our in-house food pantry helps us prepare more than 300 meals each day for our clients
- Program wish lists – see what our specific programs need. Items ranges from school supplies; toiletries for veterans; art supplies for various day programs
- Amazon Wish List – You don’t even have to go to the store to make a difference. Visit our Wish List and the items will be delivered directly to us. Please remember to fill out the gift card option so we can say thank you!