Volunteers of America North Louisiana’s Benefits Enrollment Center (BECs) is one of 57 funded by the National Council on Aging to serve low-income Medicare beneficiaries.
Who do we serve?
- Lower income senior adults
- Younger adults with disabilities
- Any adult ages 19 to 64 with a household income less than 138% of the federal poverty level who do NOT currently have Medicaid assistance.
We provide our clients with information and assistance to access:
- Income Supports
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Medicaid Part D and Low Income Subsidy
- Nutrition and Food
- Elderly Nutrition Program (Group or Home delivered meals)
- Property Tax Relief
- Veteran Benefits
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Disaster Relief
- Referrals and Linkage to Other Services
Our Primary Goals:
- Screening and application assistance for Medicare Savings Programs, Part D, Extra Help, and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Match Medicare recipients who live on incomes less than $24,150 per year and often lack the resources needed to meet basic living expenses
- Improve Medicare recipients financial outlook by enrolling in programs that save money on health care, medical prescriptions, food, and more